Sunday, August 28, 2011

Projects from the non-projecty

 I was never a big believer in bumpers. With Caleb i was paranoid about him not being to breathe if he got his face in it. We just dealt with his legs getting caught in the slats. Colton has been a little different. The same paranoia existed until now since he can roll around on his own. But his legs were getting caught in the slats of the crib. Bad enough he was getting bruises on his upper thighs so instead of getting turned into DCS (department of child services) for I decided to weave blankets i had to prevent it. This only lasted until he moved around. Thus this weaving idea budded and this is the creation. And yes my friends, i managed to sew this!

Sorry for the pic quality, i was holding a fidgety colton. Instead of having a high tec way to tie this off, i had enough material to tie a square knot. It probably is best though because i was able to get it nice and tight.
 Now for the fun stuff. Friday afternoon was taking forever to pass, it was way too hot to go outside and play so i braved the inevitable mess and pulled out the paints with Caleb. He did well and it managed to entertain him for 30 minutes. Miraculous. It was an exercise in restraint for me, i was anxious the whole time. I think i managed to fake him out that i was relaxed though. :) The pictures dried and turned out cool!
 Happy painter and the entertained brother.
 "Artwork"
The paint plates before caleb decided to mix all the colors and make it look like brown puke.

Praise heaven for something that entertained my son on such a loooonnnggg afternoon. I can't wait until this ridiculous summer heat fades. Every year, at this point in the summer i get very ornery with summer and want banish it forever (well, next year anyway).



Spiritual enlightenment here

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Cute bumper-non-bumper! I never worried abut using one. maybe I should have. Also, we do a lot of arts things here too (tennessee heat has been horrible this summer) and painting is a favorite. I have a hard time watching her make a mess, but then I realize that at least she isn't being naughty!