Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Balance.....

In my current study of life i am often struck by the importance of balance...in. everything. !

I don't know about you, but it doesn't come easy to me. I have tried all kinds of ways of finding balance:

Working out daily (got addicted and it turned out not so good).
No sugar (got easy, i got lazy and started eating sugar ALL the time).
No dairy (gotten used to it; i am worried how this will turn out).
Not working out (fat legs was the result).
Praying daily (good relationship with God. Got lazy (again?!) and had a not so good relationship).
Reading spiritual materials daily (got lazy (again?!) missed out on knowledge and God's influence in my life).
Cooking dinner daily (got too many leftovers so i stopped, ran out of momentum).
Baking regularly to expand my repertoire (got a bigger butt).
Cleaning regularly (hated it, so i got lazy, had a dirty house, uck)

notice a pattern...i get lazy. It takes so. much. effort. to stay on top of being balanced. Just when i think i am doing pretty good, something falls apart.

So i am a bit mystified how to find and hold onto balance. And beat the "i dooon't waaaaaant toooooo" voice in my head.

2 comments:

Rach said...

It's normal. At least for me! I think I'm doing OK at housekeeping, scripture study, whatever, and then, I too get lazy. It is hard to find a good balance!

Tiff Keetch said...

I'm with you sister!

Daily/regular goals are the hardest for me because if I miss/ forget/get lazy one day, then I get totally discouraged and justify missing more.

I have found (but I'm still working on) that a longer term goal works better for me. Like.. in my scripture study I want to read the New Testament. My goal is to read the current Sunday School assignment during the week, and on other nights read earlier assignments to catch up. If I miss a day, I don't feel discouraged because anytime I read I'm getting closer to the goal.