Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Alta in summertime

I love the mountains. I haven't spent much time in them since we had Caleb. As first time parents we were so careful and leary of everything. Now that we are seasoned parents (HA!) we are much more comfortable. the Drive was awesome (would have been horrible last year though since i was sick and pregnant) and everything was a feast for the eyes!!
                                                                                please forgive the abysmal quality of these pictures. They were taken with my phone as i didn't take my camera. 

I drove to the upper parking lot at alta and drove up the packed dirt road to a trail head. The flowers are breathtaking and i am sure they only get better as you go farther up the canyon. I didn't take the time to go farther.
It was 65 degrees at 11:30 am and i kept pointing things out to Caleb along the way. Only thing that would have been better would if Rob had been with us.

 Looking up the mountain

 I felt like i was looking at the poppy fields in Wizard of Oz.

 We had a great time and will be back with Rob. The fall should be exceptionally beautiful because of all the water--the colors should be extra vibrant this year.

The whole time we were up the canyon all i could think was "I feel privileged to live in and around such a beautiful place. There IS a God!!"


No comments: