Friday, August 26, 2011

Miracles

Yesterday i was driving toward the south interchange and all of a sudden the freeway lit up with brake lights. We all are slamming on our breaks and my stomach starts clenching preparing for impact...thankfully this never happened. But we did run into a wall of water-seriously! as i looked in my review mirror i saw a little white Mitsubishi Eclipse spun around, backing out of the lane and onto to the shoulder. I looked next to me and the CR-V that hit it (i could tell because the front fender was bent in) was pulling over. The accident happened right next to me. One lane to my right and two cars behind. Traffic started to back up behind the accident and i tried to get out of there.

Unfortunately the wall of water hit and i couldn't see the road so i carefully pulled over onto the flooded shoulder to wait. Then the hail came. It was hitting the windows so hard i grabbed Caleb (who sits behind me in the car) out of his chair and had him come sit with me so i could protect him with my body should the hail break through the window. Then it slowed down enough i thought i could drive so i had caleb get in his chair and started to drive but i had to pull over again. This happened one more time before i made it home to the safety of our carport.

We came inside and prayed to say thank-you to our Heavenly Father for keeping us safe.

I realize not everyone believes in miracles.
I believe in miracles and i believe we were kept safe yesterday by God.

1 comment:

Tiff Keetch said...

Holy scary! I was so grateful I was at home during that storm! I'm glad you are all okay!

And I think that was a great - special - idea to come home and thank Heavenly Father. You are such a great mom!