Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dairy Free

I am dairy free. Not just milk but cheese, sour cream, yogurt, goldfish crackers, ranch dressing, and ice cream.
Why you ask??
my nephew needed my milk (cause me and my sister-in-law are tight like that) and couldn't have dairy.

when i went dairy free an added bonus showed up: Colton started sleeping through the night and was happier.  my nephew doesn't take my milk anymore and i have remained dairy free. I started dairy free May 6 and it has only been three months but i tell you what....it feels like a lot longer. My doctor encouraged me to stay dairy free as long as i nurse colton which will probably end up being till 1 yr old.

**sigh**

I will do anything for my children, neices and nephew. So here i am, doing something i NEVER thought i could or would do. I will say this: in my experience, it is far easier to go all or nothing (as i have done with sugar a few times) than shoot for moderation. Once i got over the detox phase (they don't tell you about that) It became easier to lose baby weight (so has being sick for a month-blah), my skin is clearer (always a plus), and i feel cleaner.

Dairy is not an easy thing to give up. probably 3/4 of prepared foods have milk in them but i feel closer to colton. The Savior teaches "loose you life and you shall discover it" and i have. sacrifice has brought forth the blessings of heaven and i have never been happier since i became a mother.

2 comments:

Hen Jen said...

wow, that is quite the sacrifice for your little nephew <3 I have cut out dairy mostly...I seem to have a problem with it, you are right, it is in almost everything. I still cheat now and then with bread (I love bread) but I quit having bread daily in sandwiches, and I feel so much better not having dairy, and I really pay for it when I do...

thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting, it's so nice to see who stopped by and to be able to visit back!

Tiff Keetch said...

You rock! When we were trying to figure out why Harvey was spitting up so much I went off dairy and it was HARD!

Although I think you're right about sacrifice. Regardless of what it is.. when you do the choosing/giving of your own will it certainly doesn't go unrecognized. :)