Thursday, September 22, 2011

Post 100

This is how we spent tuesday afternoon. I have found Cars marshmallows at target. Caleb loves to set them up on his cars mat and play. We have to send the dog out so she doesn't eat them while we play. 




 Gassing up Mqueen. Caleb doesnt' know how to play alone yet (ever?) so we play together. I keep telling myself this will help him be a more secure adult. Who knows if that is mumbojumbo but it sounds nice. And truth be known, despite the effort it requires, i really enjoy it. I enjoy pulling out my imagination, dusting off my creativity and prentending.
 Caleb figured out how to take pictures so every time i pull out the camera he wants to take pictures. He did pretty good for his first time. Aren't my muscles pathetic?! HA.
The babe  waking  up. He is not attached to his binkey, unlike his older brother was. He is most content when he is on my hip. And beginning to learn to crawl. Mentally, he hasn't totally figured out "hey, i want to go here and i CAN." I am so glad. I am not ready for mobility for him. I am positive that is when i will lose the remaining shreds of my sanity. It has been a rough week and half. My beloved children need/want me intensely and i frequently feel overwhelmed. I consistently work to remind myself  one day they won't want me anymore -- and to cherish their undying love demonstrated in this way while i have it.
Sometimes...even the reminders aren't enough to sustain. But i love them and i will happily sacrifice myself for them for i am a mother. Their Mother.
What an honor.

3 comments:

stephslater said...

You are a fun mom. Annelise wants me to play barbies, hide n seek, hot cold, and a zillion board games. I like it for about 10min.

I still remember the day that Colin & Annelise started playing together. I made dinner, and wasn't interupted. I finally like having them so close in age (18mos) Pretty soon Caleb & Colton will be doing their thing.

I love having a photographer in the house, and like your flexing shot. Those are not pathetic muscles. Is it because you are carrying around cutie pie Colton?

Rach said...

I love that picture of you!

We all have hard days, and it is difficult, even when we remind ourselves that we only have these little ones for a short time. Just do your best, and keep looking for the positives.

Madeline Claire Rogers said...

Those marshmallows are adorable. I can only imagine how much Caleb would LOVE those! And I love the flexing picture! :) Jared will be home next week, so we will have to stop by and play cars with the little munchkin. :)