Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Color, a Moose and a million kids

 Going up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Oaks turning red. It is far more majestic in person! Take the kids and go!!
 Quakies turning yellow
 This is the moose. Can you see the dock on the very left? The moose was probably 25 feet from the boardwalk at Brighton Lake. Since i have seen movies of moose attacks and spent time in Island Park (35 miles outside yellowstone park) where they roam freely i am well acquainted with the dangers of moose. Everyone else up there were taking pictures and oogling. I was waiting for it to charge. Call me a doomsdayer but i wasn't going to wait for it to come after me and my babies. I don't have any pictures of the millions of kids but there were two school buses parked in the parking lot. Hopefully that creates enough of a mental picture of the amount of people there. Ironically, i thought it would be dead because it was a monday mid-morning.

 I kept colton in his carseat (which he hates) because i was worried about him getting cold. When he was born and taken to his doctor (weighing 5 lbs) the doc was very clear in telling me not to let him get cold-it would waste his energy on staying warm rather than growing. Since he was so small, i was paranoid about him not growing. I still worry about that, he seems so small to me, so i try to keep him bundled if it seems the least bit nippy outside. 

Aren't his eyes to die for?!
 And my precious, strong-willed Caleb. we had so much fun wandering around the lake, looking for ducks, feeding them with rocks (didn't work so well), looking for dragonflies and wondering what every other person was doing up their.
I saw this and had to take a picture.

Reminds me how so many times this is all we can see of our lives. A little bit of the path, one single bend, sometimes nothing at all. Everything else is taken on faith and hope in a Supreme Being who directs the universe and loves us--you and me--beyond that which we are able to imagine.

I am honored to be on this journey. I believe that is what life is...a journey filled with beauty, joy and mind-blowing wonder. Thank You Lord for this privilege.

No comments: