Thursday, September 29, 2011

I am a Mother



We spent time this afternoon playing outside in the dirt, eating popsicles, talking to friends and family, riding scooter and enjoying the perpetual summer. while i can't wait for my favorite season to really begin this warmth is wonderful.





Yesterday colton spent time investigating this shoe. It was hilarious to me-he just kept staring, touching and turning it over and over. Caleb never did this (as far as i can remember) so it completely surprises me when i seem Colton patiently do something. Isn't he perfect?!



This is during Caleb's popsicle party (outside eating popsicles). We have had them almost every day this summer. I think we have gone through at least three boxes of otter pops.  

Today my boys couldn't get enough of me. Colton wanted nothing more than to be in my arms and Caleb was attached to my hip. 
It was heavenly. 
This is Caleb's 'cheese' face. 
At the craft store today he listened, stayed by me and was so good! I realized i never thought the day would come i wouldn't have to confine him to a stroller or cart for fear he would demolish everything in his path.
And it came. 
Today.
It felt like a slap (maybe a well-placed punch) upside the head. 
WHAM your firstborn is growing up
WHAM you are growing up
WHAM--"make sure you remember this Jill"

 Colton and I cuddled while i fed him and i cherished every moment.He then relaxed in my arms before i put him to bed tonight.
Caleb fell asleep curled into my body with one arm around me. Instead of taking him to bed i let him sleep with me for a few minutes and savored how his little body felt next to mine. It reminded me of when he was an newborn and used to sleep so soundly on my chest. 
When Rob came to put him to bed he didn't want to let go of me.
I smiled. 

ps
I need your advice: I can't figure out how to put my pictures side by side rather than having them cascade vertically down my post. I have a pc--don't know if that makes a difference. Thanks!!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jill! I am loving that you have been blogging so much. Your boys are adorable. I also like that you are cherishing your days with your boys. I need to do a better job of doing that with my girls. Also, I don't know how to do pictures any other way, either. If you figure it out, let me know! :)