Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pictures and Thoughts

 no makeup.
undone hair.
feelin dorky
I posted it here because i have very few pictures of my mother as a young mother...i want my children to know what i looked like when i was young (yes, i think nearly 30 is young). And that despite my insecurities, i love being me.
 K wearing our neighbor's (Abby) jacket because it was cold and i was under-prepared. Actually, Rob took K (my nickname for my caleb) to the game so he was under-prepared. Abby was hungry because her dad was under-prepared. [You know on The Office episode when Jim and Pam get married and Michael is sitting behind Pam's mom and askes her if she has any food and she gives him a weird look and michael says to her "you're a mom, i thought you'd have food". That is me. I almost always have something in my bag. It isn't always delectable but its food.] I had oyster crackers to offer poor Abby. She took them because she is nice but i don't think she ate any. Poor girl. I will be better prepared next time.
yes, i watch the office a lot.


 Wannabees sporting their new team shirts. They lost their first game this past weekend. Go bees!

 This is in my mom's pantry. My brother Jared is the one in the blue. they are reading books to caleb in the pantry. When my brothers and I were young and off-track we'd occasionally hang out in the pantry during the day because it was dark in there and we could turn on the flashlight. If a trip to Idaho, where all our extended family lives, was coming up, we'd discuss sleeping and playing schedules with the cousins. I dont' remember what else we'd talk about. We did this here until the three of us outgrew the pantry, then we moved to my walk-in-closet downstairs. I was in the seventh grade then. It only happened a few times there and then we outgrew the whole tradition. Glad to see it passed along to the next generation
We were all mesmerized by a documentary about the building of the 9/11 memorial. See how Rob is standing watching...this is how he tends to watch tv. Especially sports. 

This is my kitchen cleaned (all the dishes on the left are clean) and ready for me to wake up, smile and text my gratitude. Rob did this for me. I was playing with Caleb, watching tv and doing leg exercises to get rid of knee/hip pain. He brought us licorice with a smile on his face. I woke up and had tears prick my eyes. His dedication to taking care of me and helping create an environment of peace is ... wonderful. I actually nicknamed him Superman after we got married. He is one incredible husband. I feel like a lucky woman. So thanks hun. You make my heart soar ;)

1 comment:

Madeline Claire Rogers said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE that picture in the pantry! I had no idea you guys used to do that! Hopefully that will continue with all the grandkids. ;)