Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yesterday i played in the rain

It has been since high school that i played in the rain. caleb and i went outside, rolled up our pants and splashed in the cold puddles and windy rain. Our feet turned impossibly pale white from the cold. It was delightful. I spent yesterday in sweats, today too. I am going to make bread and soup and possibly something warm and gooey for dessert.

so it is with a full happy heart i welcome jack frost.

dear jack:
every year i look forward to your arrival.The cold tile and toilet seat in my bathroom tell me you have arrived. I love seeing my breath in the morning air. I look forward to needing sweats and slippers to keep me warm while i drink my hot cocoa.  The snowy-sleet out my gigantic family room window just makes me smile. I love having reasons to cook warm, comforting, calorie filled food. Thank you jack, you are a welcome guest at my house. Hunker in and stay a while.
love
jill


No comments: