Saturday, October 8, 2011

Best time of year to stare out windows

I have been busily hunkered in at home cleaning, watching movies (and curious george), cooking (failed bread attempt and delicious cookies) and staring out the windows. Friday, i didn't get ready until 2pm! you would never know i have spent so much time on my house if you came over. pshaw
This weather puts me in such a calm, happy mood so i don't care much.

It is indescribable for me although i will try. 
 It is almost as if i can see the cold although the snow on the mountains definitely assists in that. I pull out old sweats and greet them as old friends. It feels like yesterday i was doing this, fully pregnant and happy then too. Now i am bundling up my beloved boys, and enjoying the pink on my cheeks as the cold kisses me like an old european friend.
Calebs clothes from this past winter still fit--i silently thank God Himself every time K puts something on and it fits for now. The updating of the wardrobe every season for Caleb puts a dent in my bank account and jealously in my heart. I want an excuse--like i grew (or shrunk) enough to happily need new clothing. Nevertheless, i will be content dreaming about the perfect winter hats they once had at target. I didn't buy them because i have a beautiful baby instead of a perfect hat. Instead i put on my fourteen year old sweats and glory that i can still fit into something i had when i was 14. What does that say? was i fat at 14 or were they just really big on me then and i can't remember that detail now?

The light of this time of year leans heavy to blue and blue is my favorite color. 
I will be painting my family room thundercloud blue this winter. Right now i will be painting furniture in calebs room (including a small dresser this color. Go bold or go home right? wait...i am at home! (lam-o attempt at something funny) Realistically i am fighting off depression that results in a monochromatic tan house. And no, accents aren't enough. Tan furniture, walls and carpet are drowning out all that is alive and fun and replacing it with boredom and a complete lack of creativity. Thanks to pinterest and the nieniedialogues i am reclaiming my creativity with a vengeance. 
hopefully rob will appreciate it.
Trust me i will have before and after pictures.

No comments: