Saturday, January 21, 2012

robbed

**Preface**
i love ross! The syles, prices and options all suite my taste but friday i lost some faith in humanity while at Ross.

I made caleb a superman bag--the kind that cinch up at the top--with my new sewing machine. It was the first thing i made. He loved it and went around saying "i'm a man!" while wearing it (adorable!). He hasn't ever been a kid be so attached to something he would it around but this was different. It has gone around everywhere with him.
We went to get a gift for my niece at Ross. We shopped around and ended up taking a potty break. Caleb took off his backpack  and put it in our cart to go potty. I carried colton in--potty breaks at public places are so hard! We got done, reloaded and kept shopping around and when it was time to go check out we looked for the superman bag to prepare to leave. It wasn't there. We walked all over the store--it wasn't there. I asked the check-out girl and nobody had turned it in. 
Caleb kept asking me about it and i had to tell my beautiful, innocent curious boy someone had stolen from him. Honestly--an obviously homemade spiderman backpack--that was starting to fall apart?! It had candy, a waterbottle and some childrens sunglasses in it. 
Why...why?!!! i mean seriously people why?!

I was so frustrated. I have a strong momma bear streak in me. I have been trying to be cautious but kind and loving to strangers rather than rude and protective. I want my children to be kind  to others and so i have tried to model that behavior. It is against how i want to be; most of the time i prefer to hole up and watch others as if they are going to take my children from me.  So here i am trying to be a friendly, kind, trusting person and we get robbed...in ross...the store with the most obvious show of anti-thievery i shop at
My first reaction was to stop being kind and friendly and go back to my mean ways but then i thought of the Savior and His teaching of turning the other cheek. so even though i don't want to turn the other cheek--especially since it involves my son--i will continue to be kind to others and watchful. I want to be like Him and this is an opportunity as good as any other to rise above myself.

watch your stuff friends.
 

1 comment:

Rach said...

Dislike. So sorry Caleb had to learn about stealing the hard way. Our poor kids are growing up in a difficult world.