Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good Times

I feel like i spend a lot of time on this blog whining. Sure my sons are a challenge but i am positive everyone's kids give them a run for their money. Mischief is our middle name here so that is why it gets included so much. Besides, it makes it funnier if i try to blog about it. Sometimes it takes too much energy to be mad.

The month of november tends to get overlooked so last year i started a new tradition.
I do a thanks box.
I text everyone who we are doing thanksgiving dinner with every day of the month and ask what they are thankful for--no explanations needed. Then i write all the individual answers on paper, put in a book and bring it to thanksgiving dinner. I love it last year and looked forward to it all year.

I think it is so helpful to work on being thankful. I find at the beginning of the month sometimes it is hard to come up with things i am grateful for but at this point in the month i have so many things-specific things i am thankful for that it makes me smile and leads into celebrating the gift and birth of the Lord Jesus Christ perfectly.

I love thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Tiff Keetch said...

We do something similar, although only with our little family. We write something we are thankful for on a slip of paper each night at dinner and add it to our "thankful jar." This year I think I'm going to make a special book to compile our list in year after year. I think I'll add a pic of our family each year as well. :)