Tuesday, December 27, 2011

8 years


Today  marks eight years!! i have been officially blissfully wedded to my best friend. 
We met a few weeks before my 17th birthday at mulligans golf and game. That first summer working with Rob was a summer i could feel my life being marked. I remember those days with unusual clarity as somehow i knew, even as they happened, they would have long term significance.

We got married december 27th (and almost killed our mothers) because it was between  semesters and i  transferred schools to marry the man of my dreams.

He asked me this morning if it felt like eight years. 
i said "no". 
In some ways the time has flown by and in other ways it feels like it's always been this way...me and him takin' on the world. 
Now we have kids we take on our ride with us and we are 'grown-ups'. Complete with a mortgage, an SUV and a dog.






I had a hard time finding a recent picture of just the two of us.
Now we are a father and a mother, husband and wife.
But we will always be us--Rob and Jill.
I love him so much more than i ever thought i could. Love has come to have many more definitions than when it was flirting, holding hands & kissing. Having the chance to learn these definitions with and for him-Rob-is the greatest privileged of my life.
My dear superman, you make my dreams come true. 

~Jill

1 comment:

Rach said...

Congrats on 8 years! I love your wedding picture.