Saturday, May 2, 2009

my insane husband ;)

i have to take this moment to tell you all how crazy my husband is.

our first winter in our condo rob decided he had to get the irrigation system in asap. it was December but he felt like he had to get it in. so, he put it in. it was so cold he took my blow dryer outside to warm up the pipe and glue so it would adhere. he was outside, breath showing in the air and my blow dryer blaring on a Saturday morning with me looking out the window worried about his health. he was lovin' it. he loves to work on his own yard and takes such pride in it, and he does so good.

today, it is raining buckets outside. the yellow and dark green represent heavy rain on the radar-we have the dark green over us right now. rob has been working hard in our yard for a few weeks so he could lay sod today so we can have an outside party for Caleb's 1st birthday. it is raining, muddy and cool outside and my husband is grading topsoil in a t-shirt getting ready to lay sod. when i asked him if he was going to come inside he said 'only if i have to' which means he won't be in until tonight, cold and hungry. if none of this makes any sense here is another way to think of it: when it is raining outside landscape crews stop working-my husband included. yet, today, it is raining like crazy and rob is outside-working.

while i am really excited to have my yard done, i think rob is crazy. it will be one of those stories i tell for a long time. i love Rob. i love how hard he works and even though i think he is crazy for working outside in weather like this i am deeply grateful! really, he is building me eden and i am thrilled.

1 comment:

hakesfam said...

Ha Ha - Saturday night I reminded Ken about last memorial day - - raining cats and dogs and us outside planting 5 trees in the backyard - I still have the muddy shoes in the garage to prove it. Genetics plays a very strong roll here!!!